Masterclass for Web Managers, incl. editable templates ($29.99)
- Learn how to co-ordinate growing activity in content, design, analytics, etc.
- Use a robust governance framework to put order on teams and processes.
- Free: Watch lesson 1 online now or read more about the Masterclass.
- Download: 8 lessons, 90-mins video + editable templates for just $29.99.
- 450+ sold. Latest to Fatimah in USA on 4 May. Read more testimonials.
Not only are your budgets always under pressure, but you operate within a set of circumstances different to many other organisations. For example:
Local government is exceptionally diverse
Lots of units do work completely unrelated to each other, e.g. libraries vs. road repair - yet they all need to be catered for online.
It has many special interests
There are many stakeholder groups, councillors, unions & others - & all want a say in your web presence.
And it relies heavily on staff as web publishers
There may be scores of employees from many locations who contribute to online - & more come on-stream all the time.
More importantly, recent years have seen a MASSIVE growth in online ambition, including:
- Many new sites & social networks
- Huge content volumes
- Massive user engagement
- High user expectations
- High internal expectations
- Missing manpower or skills
- Missing essential tools
- Redundant roles or structures
- Unclear decision making authority
- Unclear leadership
Worst of all, these issues can have very negative knock-on effects, and put you entire online strategy at risk. For example:
Huge demands & no authority lead to fractious relations & high staff turnover.
Governance issues lead to delays, errors, uncertainty & poorer web quality.
Errors & delays put the reputation of your Local Authority at risk - & the public is watching.
Something new is needed!
This new guide describes 5 practical ways an updated Web Governance Framework can help your local authority be more successful online.
Click here to download the guide (PDF)